Tuesday 29 April 2014

Start the clock...

Once upon a time in an apartment in Lancaster...



I was sat down with a lovely lady yesterday at a viewing.  We sat quietly.  We made no noise.   This particular lady wanted to get a feel for the property.  She wanted to watch the world go by though the full height windows, while the sun glistened of her wristwatch.  She made no attempt to move from her seat.  She sat watching the cat attempt a tricky crossing on the very busy road outside.  She waited and watched while the bus dropped off and picked up passengers.  She sat still and quiet. 

She then stood and said the words ‘Thank you’.

In my surprise I asked why she had thanked me. She said for ‘your time’ and ‘for giving her time.’

It was at this profound moment that it dawned on me what I had done.   I had given her the time to fully appreciate her surroundings.  I had listened to what she said when we carefully wandered around.  I knew that her time was something she treasured

‘The best thing you can give someone is your time, because you are giving them something you will never get back’


Here are some quick tips top make sure you get the most from your agent whether you are buying or selling.


Considering a Sale?

 

Find out how long your valuation will take.  These vary from agent to agent, that way you can schedule your second agent in straight after.  Saving you time on what may be your only day off.

Viewings


Haven’t viewed in a while?  Find out how long is allocated for a viewing. Make sure you ask this question for each house.  It is important because often you spend longer choosing a new pair of shoes than your next house.  The last thing you want to happen is to be rushed round and make a hasty decision.  Already think you may like it?  Ask your agent to schedule extra time.  Take the time to sit down in the different rooms and really get a feel for the place.

Photographs


Ready to go?  Ask your chosen agent how long the photograph appointment will take.  Is it quick? Let’s hope your house is ship shape!  Now call me and ask me how long mine take, then ask me why!

Speak to you soon








Ps.   I hope that estate agents up and down the country take note: For some people, time is all they have, make it worthwhile and you will always be remembered.



 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VMOVE Estate Agents Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig